Tummy Tuck Surgery or Abdominoplasty
Every individual strive for a flat and well-toned abdomen through strict diet, regular exercise and other weight controlling measures. But sometimes the fat around abdomen is so stubborn that it refuses to go away even after best efforts. Moreover it may also happen that a person loses considerable amount of fat but gets loose and saggy skin around abdomen.
Ask to Doctor! Doctor Answers, Get Tips
Tummy Tuck procedure is the saving grace for all those individuals who want a tight and flat abdomen. The procedure involves removal of excessive fat and skin, followed by tightening of weak or separated muscles of abdomen. Also known as abdominoplasty, the procedure gives a smooth and firm profile to the abdomen.
Although the procedure gives better contour like liposuction but both are different procedures. In some cases where fat deposition is extremely excessive, liposuction is performed along with tummy tuck for better results.
What problems can a Tummy Tuck address?
Tummy tuck procedure is specifically for sagging and protruding abdominal area. The procedure is done to flatten the abdomen by not only removing the excessive fat and skin from the target area but also by tightening the loose or weak muscles. It basically addresses the following condition:
- Excessive fat tissue and/or skin around abdomen: Abdomen is the most common area of fat accumulation due to any of the following reasons:
- Previous surgery
Any kind of fat gain due to the above reasons can be addressed by tummy tuck procedure.
- Loose Skin, Stretch Marks: Patients who have got loose and saggy skin or stretch marks due to ageing, pregnancy, or marked weight loss can also gain from tummy tuck.
- Abdominal Muscle Separation: Abdominal muscles that has separated either on their own or after pregnancy can cause loose and saggy skin. The relaxation of these muscles lead to tummy bulging that can be addressed by tummy tuck procedure.
Tummy tuck is definitely not a substitute for exercise and healthy lifestyle. Although its results are technically permanent, but sincere efforts should be made by the person in order to maintain an ideal weight and live a healthy lifestyle. The results can diminish by significant fluctuations of weight.
Tummy tuck is a major surgery and patient should thoroughly consider all its pros and cons before finally deciding to go for it.
- Flat and smooth tummy
- Youthful-looking body
- Better choice and look in clothes (especially swimwear)
- Improved self-esteem
- Scar in the bikini area
- Restriction on future pregnancy
- Surgery results may reverse in case of any significant weight gain
To know more about Tummy Tuck Mummy Makeover please enquire with us